Circumnavigating Erie
I've become enamored of the idea of circumnavigating Lake Erie sometime. There are lots of variables, of course, but I figure about three weeks. Planning would have to include finding places to anchor or dock every night. A lot of the Lake is quite open, with a shoreline that gives little protection, so one needs to go into a harbor or river mouth and dock someplace (costs money!). But a journal and set of photos of that would be nice to have someday. Good practice for later going into the upper lakes.


2 Comments:
I used to try to plot one out based on the Chesapeake Bay, which is one of my favorite places in the world. I suppose that Lake Erie could substitute.
The best setting for a comic mystery novel, of course, is academia. Say a college of education at a state university in the midwest, to choose one at random.
That might work, although the point of the sailing would be, at first, to get away from the campus politics. Perhaps each one would start with the strange doings in academe, so they go to the boat to get away. That doesn't work, because then they are faced with a mystery. Once they solve it, it is time to go back to the campus and start over.
Post a Comment
<< Home