Friday, August 10, 2007

On the Water

Well, it's been a while since I posted. I had another "incident" with the motor. Got down the river past the drawbridge only to have it die before I got to the lake. Managed to tie up to a fishing dock (whose boats were mostly out fishing) and walked back to the marina and found someone to help get me back to the dock. Sigh.

Had them put an outboard bracket on the stern, only to be told that they didn't think the stern was strong enough. So they then took two weeks. to reinforce it and to prove the truth of the old adage that a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.

So now it's Friday evening and the boat is back in the water. I've purchased two days of wireless access out here so that I can score quizzes for my Learning Theories class before and after sailing. Tomorrow maybe I'll be able to go out and return under my own power without worrying too much about having a plan B (and C and D).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home