Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Done for now

OK, so I got the bill for hauling the boat out of the water, washing the bottome, etc. I guess the season really is over. I still need to go up there, cover the boat, remove the batteries and bring them home to keep them charged, and a couple of other things.

I also want to contact some people to have some fiberglass work done before Spring.

Finally, I need to decide on a marina for next season. I like the one where they actually know how to fix my engine and give me some service. It's a little farther away than the one I have now, but the biggest problem I have with it is that there is a drawbridge between it and the lake. Makes me nervous, especially if the engine is unreliable.

Another possibility is a few minutes closer to home and comes recommended by a friend. I don't know if their service department is any good, but I could pay for service calls from the mechanics I've been using.

Either of these is cheaper than where I am. I really don't need much more than a slip, a shower and bathroom, and maybe a pumpout station. The pool, clubhouse, etc are not necessary.

Good thing I have a consulting gig coming up to help with expenses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home