Some Real Progress
I have finally had the chance to make some real progress on preparing for the new season. Between truly awful weather--rain, cold (relatively speaking), small craft advisories--and getting a cold and having work to do, I haven't managed to go tot he marina for weeks. Hence, no work being done on the boat. I put the launch date off twice, with the result that they couldn't give me a definite date, just put me on "standby." Perhaps it'll be launched sometime this week, perhaps not. From trying to get going early to possibly not launching until after Memorial Day. Grrrrr.
But, as I say, I have made real progress now. I spent all of Friday and Saturday working. I went over the hull four times. Once was with a basic boat washing detergent. Another time was with special gunk requiring rubber gloves that helped a lot with special things like waterline scum and other marks. The third time was with a rubbing compound. Finally, I waxed it thoroughly, applying the waz, wiping it off and then buffing. I have also been doing something similar to the cockpit and deck, but I'm not done with that yet. I figure I can finish that even if she is in the water.
I have cleaned most of the interior, although I haven't really done anything with the wood yet. Again, it might be done once she is in the water. I installed the fenders at the dock and got a new dock box for this year. Plus, verious smaller tasks. Basically, if they can fit in a launch this week, she is ready for that. There is new fuel ready to go, and I got a new battery to run the bilge pump if needed. If they don't get her in the water, then perhaps I'll have the chance to finish other work.
Trouble is, the weather forecast continues to be lousy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home