Thursday, June 15, 2006

Time to Go

OK, I should have been journaling the whole process, but now it's over.

I have bought a boat: a 1976 Bayfield 25. Some buyer's remorse at this point, but I think that will pass. The biggest problem was that I bought it from someone out of state. Won't make that mistake again; the bureaucratic hassles are not worth it.

Anyway, I picked it up on Saturday. I borrowed a big pickup rigged for towing and left Friday evening. Got there 375 miles later around 11 am Saturday. Towed it back to Catawba Island, getting there around 5 pm. Ended up doing well over 750 miles in about 25 hours. I could have done without that.

But the boat is at the marina now. They were due to put it in the water this week. I'll be going up there tomorrow to check things out. I still have some paperwork to complete, too.

Might not get sailing this weekend. I have to gather and buy various items of equipment, bend on the sails, check the engine, figure out a variety of systems, etc. Gotta start making lists, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home