Sunday, February 17, 2008

Halfway

I haven't written here for a while. The boat came out of the water in late October, to be covered with tarps to await the Spring. Now we're about halfway to putting it back. I figure that I'll try to get it into the water at the first opportunity after grades are in for the Spring. I suppose I could see if they are putting boats in in April, but with courses, a workshop, papers, etc. I'm not sure I could do much with it. It'll probably make more sense to use any free time in April to clean, sand, varnish, etc.

I'm not having any major work done this off-season. I need to build up the finances first. There's really nothing much that HAS to be done. The boatyard says that I should have the fiberglass around the stanchions fixed, but it doesn't seem urgent. I was thinking of having the old inboard engine removed, but they wanted a serious amount of money for that. It is time to start making the list of what minor things need to be done to keep it going, however.

The weather these days doesn't lend itself to sailing at all, but at least the days are getting noticeably longer, so the promise of Spring is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home