Up at the Lake
Well, it's Saturday afteronon of Labor Day weekend. I'm here at the lake. I got here last evening but not early enough to take my planned paddle up river. The sun is going down much earlier these days, so there is less time in the evening before I would need lights and such. Well, OK, I might have been able to do it, but I took the time to eat a sub beforehand, since I hadn't eaten since breakfast.
This morning I did take a long row most of the way to the highway bridge (long past the railway bridge). For a long time this morning it didn't look like the wind was going to cooperate for sailing, and I ended up napping (inadvertently). By the time I woke, it seemed late to get going, but the wind shifted to the north and was really pretty good. Well, instead, I'm doing a little bit of work around the boat and looking forward to tomorrow. Mostly it is just nice to be away from everything, even though I did just check my email.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home