Saturday, April 12, 2008

Getting Close

It's been a way-too-busy winter, but now that Spring is here, it's time to think about sailing again. I finally got up to the marina this weekend. I arranged for launching two days after the end of the semester. My grades will be submitted, and I will be able to concentrate on other things.

I do want to have everything ready by the time that launch day arrives. I began this weekend, but there is still a lot to do. Next weekend, I hope to clean out the interior and have it all set, although I'll wait a week or two to bring most of the rest of the interior equipment from home. I also hope to sand and maybe varnish some of the woodwork on the exterior. There isn't a lot, and most of it is in decent shape. But some of it needs to be protected.

The weekend after that, it would be good to finish the woodwork and scrub down the entire exterior. I would also like to wax and buff the hull above the waterline. I'm not sure that it is a good idea to wax the deck. It would protect it, but would it make it slippery?

So next weekend: interior, start woodwork. Bring up some gear to leave there. Perhaps I could install my new clock and barometer.

Weekend after that: finish woodwork, scrub, wax and buff.

The next question is whether I will paint the bottom this year. Anti-fouling paint is a good thing, but it is expensive. I also don't see how I can get to more than about 70% of the bottom with it sitting on the trailer. Actually, the bottom paint doesn't look too bad, but the boot stripe is not in good shape. I probably should do that.

Other things to do: try to get the water to the sink working, as well as the head. replace the spreader lights. Hmmm, what else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home