B Dock
I guess that, as I'm completing my third year at slip B-22 at this marina, I've become a full-fledged member of B-Dock. Even the guy who used to have my slip (and gave it up) is OK with me being there. He gave me the last "B Dock Sailor" cap that they had. How much more accepted can I be?
I was busy on Saturday, but didn't sail. I should have, since it turned out to be an excellent day for it. I did go out on Sunday. Went to the breakfast buffet with a (mostly) B-dock group. Several of us from the east side of B-Dock have small sailboats, and we all went out in the late morning. I was first out and last in, which apparently counts for something. What it really counted for was that a the guys from the other boats saw me coming in and came to help me dock. Any help with that is always appreciated.
Good sailing day. The wind gradually increased as the day went on. It varied from about North to almost East. I would have preferred easterly winds, and that was what was forecast, but what we really got had a lot more north in them. I worked my way out of the bay against the wind for a few hours until I decided to head back in. It is funny how it seems that you are going much faster when you are beating into the wnd, but often a check of the GPS shows that the actual speed is as high or higher when running or on a reach (as it should be). It just doesn't feel that way.
I got back in and docked, with the help, without any disasters, large or small. Went out to dinner wth the same group.
Sunday, I walked, took some photos, and kayaked up river. I've been surprised at the fact that the muscles used in kayaking are definitely not identical to those used in rowing. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out good exercises to build myself up for kayaking, except actual kayaking. I'll try to get a few more sessions of that in before the end of the season.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home