Monday, April 28, 2008

More Preparation

I spent another Saturday at the boatyard this past weekend and got a lot done. I cleaned most of the interior as well as just about all of the hull and deck. Next week I hope to wax the hull above the waterline. I need to find our whether it is appropriate to wax the deck as well or if that would just make it slippery. If the latter, then how do I protect it? The other thing I’ll do next week is at least begin on the wood. I’ll sand most of it and put at least one or two coats of varnish on it. Eventually, I’d like to have about four coats. That should keep it protected for a few years. I’ve just about decided not to do bottom paint this year. Next year, I’ll see what I can do about painting the bottom and the boottop.

There are also a lot of little jobs left, but I think I’ll have time in the next two weekends before launching to do most of them. If not, then I’ll have a little time if I get up there early on launch day to complete anything essential. After launch, I’ll bend on the sails and be almost ready to go.

Anyway, things are coming together. I hope that this season I make some real progress in learning how to handle her. I won’t have any time to try a lengthy cruise, but perhaps I’ll head out to the islands for an overnight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home