The New Season
Yipes. It's been a week since I was up at the lake for my first weekend this year. My excuse is that afterwards I immediately went down to North Carolina for a several day visit. I didn't have any Internet access while there, so the emails had piled up quite a bit, including the ones from work wondering where I was. How is it that others disappear during intersession an no one notices, but I seem to be expected to respond to emails within minutes....
Anyway, it was still pretty chilly especially at night and in the morning. It warmed up well in the sun, however. The good thing about cool nights is that it seems to mean that the spider season isn't with us yet. While it was still on the trailer, I fogged the boat interior and left it for a week. The next weekend, I wiped down all the exposed surfaces but hoped that the hidden ones would help deal with the insect and arachnid wildlife for a while at least. What I'd really like to do is find a way to communicate that I'd leave them alone everywhere else, if they would stay off the boat. Seems unlikely.
Still need to do some work. Looks like the compass has lost all its fluid, so I need to find someone to service it. There are a handful of other things as well. I bought a small dinghy this year. It fits well on the dock by my slip, so the big question now is how to get it in and out of the water.
I hope to get up there later this week, although I have a lot to do to prepare for summer session in a week.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home