Stormy Weekend?
Well, I'm up at the boat this evening (Saturday). I was late in getting away, but I hoped to have something to eat and then row upriver in the evening. Instead, the wind got stronger and cooler, and dark clouds moved in from the northwest. Things may be settling down now, but for a while the rain was strong enough that I could barely hear the weather radio here in the cabin. Some thunder and lightning, but not a lot. Yep, it seems much quieter here. Listening to the weather, however, this is not an evening to be out on the lake. Could get hit by a fairly serious T-storm. They say that "boaters should seek safe harbor immediately."
The question is what will it be like tomorrow. Sometimes it sounds OK, but other times they seem to imply Small Craft Advisories. I'll know more tomorrow.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home