Sunday, October 04, 2009

No Sailing Again

Another weekend with questionable weather, plus way too much work to try to finish. High winds and rain. There was an article in a recent sailing mag (I forget which one) extolling the joys of autumn sailing. I'm OK with the chance of cooler temperatures. And anyway the chance of sunburn falls off dramatically in Fall. But we haven't had much in the way of moderate to good winds without the rain and other issues.

So, the season is coming to an end. I will need to go up to the lake next weekend and maybe the weekend after regardless, since I need to get the sails off her and the equipment out of her. I will need two trips at least just to fit everything in the car. I may take all the non-essential stuff next week just in case the final weekend has good sailing weather. That way, I'll still have the safety equipment and other essentials available.

I also need to develop a list of things I want the yard to do over the winter, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home