Bayfield Connections
I forgot to mention an incident that happened up at the marina. I was working around the boat when a young father (well in comparison to my anyway) and his even younger (not surprisingly) son came by. I heard the father tell the boy, who isn't really old enough to be very into this sort of thing, that this was another Bayfield boat. He also said something to the effect that "Remember? This is the one I showed you on YouTube." I went over to talk to them. His family has a somewhat larger Bayfield in another part of the marina; I forget whether it is a 29 foot one or a bit larger. He told me that there is a Yahoo group on Bayfield boats, which I had not heard of before. On it, someone had mentioned my video of launching my boat a couple of years ago. He took a look at it and realized that he knows that very boat and launch site. Small world.
I have since joined the Yahoo group. I could not find a discussion posting that references that video, though, so he might have gotten the source of his information wrong.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home