Sunday, January 03, 2010

A few more months to go

Just checking in at this blog. We passed the solstice a couple of weeks ago, so the days should be getting longer now. Doesn't quite seem like it, especially since it is definitely still getting colder. Around the solstice, however, I was thinking about the difference between the beginnings of winter and summer. Around the third week of June, I was trying to get up before sunrise so that I could take pictures. It was almost impossible By the time I was up and moving, it seemed that sun was already above the buildings to the east. At the other end of the day, I could row up the river until well after 9 pm without worrying about lights or anything. We've lost, what?, six hours of daylight since then It starts out slowly, but we should start noticing some lengthening in the days soon.

I expect to stop by Port Clinton on my way home from Michigan next week. I want to talk to the marina about getting some work done in the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home